Miranda: “You see, it’s the slow knife. The knife that takes its time. The knife that waits years without forgetting, then slips quietly between the bones. That’s the knife that cuts deepest.”
Batman: “Maybe the knife was too slow”
That fourth gif is my single favorite Talia expression in the entire movie.
Bane and Talia al Ghul from The Dark Knight Rises
I know I’m reading too much into this, but the way he looks when he cocks his head looks like a gesture one might do when asking if someone is all right. I’m now just going to imagine this is Bane making sure Talia’s okay.
And look at Barsad handling his queen.
UNF….I could watch that Bane swagger all day.
Why I can buy Nolanverse Talia being attracted to him. Damn.
- Return to the Light : The Pit has already supplied Talia with ample horrors to last a lifetime; should she descend again & have to return to the sun without /him/ by her side. Well… She wonders whether she would make it back into the light at all. Everything TaliaXBane that we didn’t get to see in the movie. Fluff, angst, rating will change for smut in later chapters.
- The Cold And Heartless : Talia and Bane are separated when Talia is forced to escape from the Pit, but they are reunited when Ra’s Al Ghul brings Bane out of the prison to join the League and train with Talia. As Talia and Bane become closer, Ra’s Al Ghul doubts his decision and the consequences are not nearly as severe as the reality to come.
- Moments of Eternity : Different scenes of intimacy between Bane and Talia, from the tender and sweet to the sensual and erotic.
- One Breath : Lives are made out of hundreds of moments, thousands of breaths. But it only takes one breath to make a decision, to fall in love, to trade seemingly everything you have for a single, life changing soul.
- My Passion is My Downfall :Talia/Bane reliationship from beginning to end. “I felt the man under me take a deep breath before he answered me. “She has gone away, my sweet and I’m afraid she will not be coming back. It does not matter anymore; you are mine now and I will take care of you.”
- As I Slowly Fall into You : Time changes the physics of things and the bonds that shape relationships. Here is an account of how the relationship between Bane and Talia changed and blossomed into something more than platonic.
- Gotham is Ours : One soul, one purpose, regardless of distance, time or space. They had come to bring reckoning to Gotham together, but had to remain publicly apart to fulfill the work of the League of Shadows. An exploration of various scenes in the life of Bane and Miranda/Talia before and during the siege of Gotham until their final stand.
- Born into Darkness : This will start from when Talia’s mother first arrives in The Pit.
- Our Lips Are Sealed : It is not a face anyone could love, and he is glad to hide it away.
- Mask, Vengeance : He spent years in the pit, waiting for her, and he won’t let her go until she feels what he felt
Good list for the Nolanverse shippers. I haven’t read all of these yet, but the ones I have read were excellent.
Some random thoughts about
Talia saw in her father’s death a possibility to prove something about herself: at first, as a League leader, that she was better than him, trying to execute a plan bigger than his father did, and because she survived the pit, a place Ra’s didn’t knew. Maybe she even hated him for that, because accepted his own wife in that hell in his place.
Her angry on Bruce was more like a representation of this feeling. Is like when in Begins, Bruce wants to kill Chill and Rachel shows him that wasn’t the point, there’s a lot behind. Maybe she didn’t cared about Ra’s that much at first, which is already cruel, but when she knew her father chose someone “unknown” that disappointed him after, was a possibility to prove to Ra’s that she was right about Bane, someone she knew, trusted and Ra’s didn’t. And in a certain way was about how strong she still was because was “born and raised on hell on earth”, even after Ra’s death.Maybe Talia didn’t wanted to honor her father’s job, she just wanted to prove she was better than him. Never was about love or something like that.
Of course, again, as a League member, Gotham still needed to be destroyed, but maybe for her, that wasn’t the main cause. The other thing she maybe wanted was prove Bane could be in the group, doing the plan with him, sharing the functions.
Both Bruce and Talia (and Bane, and Rachel, and Harvey…) were victims of the system, something bigger than their wills. The difference between them were how the they chose to deal with all that.
Some good commentary here.
That look in her eyes is subtle, but just beautiful. She adores him — whether you want to interpret it as romantic or platonic or even filial.
A little sketch of Bane and Talia for Caitlin. Happy late birthday!
Something I love about this scene, in the context of Nolanverse Talia: She clearly really does think he’s an entitled idiot right there.
I always want there to be more Talia reactions to Bruce’s stupid public persona in the comics.
I love her face right there. To Bruce, she looks firm and reassuring, the unyielding, capable leader of the Wayne legacy. In actuality, she hates him so much and has been plotting such a glorious downfall for him and his entire city that she’s able to contain her hatred beneath the facade of a business partner. Right at that moment, she knows she’s won.
I will always prefer comics!Talia, but I do love Miranda-Talia. I feel that she’s a wonderful alternative take on the character, and just as I wish futilely that Nolan would have included Bane’s story on the DVD, I also wish we were going to get more Miranda.
Loved this scene. My conviction that Miranda was Talia wavered throughout the movie, but this was one of the moments when I just knew she had to be.
People can say what they want about the film’s portrayal of these two. Certainly, there are some intense and conflicting opinions out there. But I don’t think anyone can deny that these were some beautiful moments.
Also, thanks (whoever originally posted these) for the high quality gifs. I can actually see his lips forming “goodbye” in that one.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got some reckoning in my eye again.